Wendy has worked in major cities across Europe, Asia and Australia. She is now bringing together her international life experiences with her executive management and corporate communications skills to help other people through her writing and book coaching; editing services; and publishing guidance.
She has more than 20 years experience of nurturing, mentoring and supporting other people; writing and editing content, project management, corporate affairs, public relations, print production and publications, community education, strategic communications and stakeholder engagement, across government and commercial business sectors.
Her professional qualifications include: DISC Personality Profiling; Diplomas in Corporate and Executive Coaching and Personal Performance Coaching from The Coaching Academy of London; a Graduate Certificate in Management from Curtin University Perth, Western Australia; and a Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree in Philosophy from the University of Exeter, England. She speaks English and French and maintains professional networks around the globe.
- Literary Scout for the Susan Mears Literary Agency, January 2017
- Member The Institute of Directors, 116 Pall Mall London, January 2017
- Graduate from London’s first Key Person of Influence Threshold Accelerator Course 2016
- Member The Society of Authors UK 2016
- Member The East Dulwich Writers Group 2016
- Member The Society for Editors and Proofreaders UK 2015
- Member The Bloomsbury Publishing Group’s Writers and Artists UK 2014
- Expert Panel Member, Authorcraft – the professional network for authors, London 2014
- Director of the River Thames Society 2014, a UK registered charity
- Co-winner the Thames Heritage Trust John Coleman Award 2014, in recognition of an outstanding contribution made to researching and providing public education about the River Thames
- Co-author “The Thames Wilderness – A Guide to the Natural Thames” published by Bloomsbury Publishing Group, Adlard Coles, UK, 2013
- Helping other people across the world by providing Training and Coaching Services through her UK based business
- Managing the Marketing Strategy for the A$15 million Swan Premier sponsorship of the America’s Cup Defence Challenge in Fremantle, Western Australia 1986 – 1987
- Working with popular Australian artist, Ken Done in Western Australia, to launch the Black Swan Gallery and promote the Black Swan Collection in the 1980s
- Being part of the Community Engagement Team that won the 2007 Premier’s Environment Award for The Healthy Rivers Action Plan, in Perth, Western Australia
- Leading the Community Education and Involvement Team that developed and launched the award-winning and highly-popular Dolphin Watch, River Guardians and Great Gardens Workshops Citizen Science Programs in Perth, Western Australia from 2003 to 2010
- Educating her two children while sailing around the world with the Blue Water Rally from 1997 to 2000
- Running her own Public Relations business successfully in Hong Kong for six years
- Qualifying as a PADI Divemaster in Malaysia and leading diving groups underwater